At Skinpossible in Calgary, we offer the most revolutionary chemical peel. It's less aggressive and more effective than conventional peels. Chemical Peels are a somewhat old school but they still have a valuable place in medical aesthetics. Skinpossible’s own signature peel is formulated to be gentle but it delivers all the benefits of conventional chemical peels without the discomfort or downtime. Lactic Acid Chemical peels are used to treat fine lines, acne, skin discoloration, age spots, and scars. A chemical peel can be done alone or in combination with any other cosmetic treatment or skin product we offer.
After a Peel, your healthy cells survive and damaged cells are removed from the skin. The appearance of rough and uneven skin tone is refined. Promotes collagen formation. Relieves problematic skin conditions. Helps to refine the texture of sun damaged skin leaving it smooth with a healthy appearance. We recommend a series of light peels instead of one aggressive peel.
• No downtime
• Cool and painless
• No burning sensation
The chemical Peel is indicated for a variety of skin types and conditions including:
• Sun damage
• Fine lines and wrinkles
• Enlarged Pores
• Brown spots
• Age Spots
• Rough texture
• Acne and scars
• Congested skin
• Uneven skin tone
The result? softer, smoother and more youthful looking skin.
Clients can achieve a healthy, radiant skin while minimizing any damage to the epidermis. And unlike the uncomfortable experience of deep peels, Skinpossible's signature peel produces a relaxing-cool sensation. The depth of the peel can be increased by a simple layering process dependant on the presented skin type and indicated Tissue.
Effects of Peeling:
• Acne less active
• Refines enlarged pores
• The skin becomes softer and smoother
• Healthy cells survive
• Damaged cells are removed
• Promotes collagen formation
• Reduces inflammation
• Reduces appearance of pigmentation
It uses Lactic acid lotion instead of using acid solutions. These peels preserve as much epidermis as possible while at the same time, getting the safest effective concentration of hydronium ions into the dermis. These peels are designed to preserve the architecture of the skin simultaneously stimulating the fibroblasts in the dermis to increase the quantity of collagen in the dermis.
Lactic acid Cream Peels do not destroy cells but stimulate the release of growth factors. They are usually better For acne, dry and sensitive skin, anti-aging, sun damage and fine lines. They come in different “levels” 1 – 4
Each treatment takes approximately one hour.
• The Peel starts with a deep cleanse, removed with a hot towel
• A hydrating toner is then used to help remove any remaining dead skin cells, dirt or oils
• After your skin is prepped, the peel is applied anywhere from one to two layers are used at a time, depending on each patient's individual needs and tolerance
• Once the peel has been neutralized a mask of your technicians choice will be applied. This is dependant on your skin type. It stays on the skin for about 15 min while we pamper you with a hand massage. See if you can stay awake!
• Lastly, a moisturizer and SPF are applied after the mask is removed and the skin is left with a dewy, healthy glow
Cool Peels are made of lactic acid; which is a natural chemical compound found in our body. Lactic acid is very hydrating to the skin so patients shouldn’t expect to peel or flake very much after treatments. Maybe some slight flakey-ness typically along brows or around the mouth area. Post-treatment care:
• Avoid sun exposure, including sun beds, for a minimum of 1-week
• Avoid strenuous exercise or swimming for 24-hours
• No waxing, extractions, electrolysis, radiation therapy or microdermabrasion for at least 1-week
• Don’t rub, pick or irritate skin
• Do not use any AHAs, BHAs, Retinols, hydroquinone for 5 days. No type of exfoliating mask for 24-hours
• Moisturize the skin day and night
• Use sunscreen!
Skinpossible's Signature Peel has revolutionized the way the world looks at peels through its remarkable Cool Peeling System. This approach entails a series of light peels with safe and effective products, as opposed to the conventional deep peels which use toxic chemicals and can cause serious damage to the epidermis.
Skinpossible's Signature Peels are safe, mild, cool and painless with no downtime and they have an effective pH of between 1 and 2. They can be tailored to suit different skin types and prototypes, even delicate skin.
Deep Peels are uncomfortable, painful and aggressive, and often the result does not justify the traumatizing experience. This method of peeling has been known to cause Slow healing, Post inflammatory scarring, Hyperpigmentation, Hyperpigmentation, Bacterial infections and Scarring.
• Safe and effective, inactive when dry
• Based on acetic acid, man-made chemical
• No Known allergic reactions
Alpha Hydroxy Acids (AHA)
• Safe and effective
• Weak Carboxylic Acid
• Found in nature
• Toxic and has lead to deaths
• Cause deep dermal peel which completely destroys epidermis
• Melanocytes, which produce melanin pigment granules are destroyed
• Sun worshippers/sunbed users
• Accutane- avoid for 6 – 12 months prior to peel
• Recent microdermabrasion
• Skin diseases
• Radiation treatment or traumatized skin
• Fever blisters (not a contraindication but an outbreak can occur)
• Recent use of AHAs, BHAs, Retinols, hydroquinone, and Glycolic
403.719.6523 OR Request Online